|Required for any vehicle transports that exceeds legal limits. See below:
Anything wider than 12’ requires a pilot car. A pilot car may be required for widths greater than 10’ as determined by the Engineer.
Anything longer than 120’ requires a pilot car.
Anything taller requires a survey.
- LENGTH: >65’ combination vehicle length
Caltrans weight charts shall be used. For cranes, also provide Caltrans Inspection Sheet and/or Annual Transportation Permit.
- WEIGHT: >80,000 lbs. combination weight
City truck routes:
- San Pablo Ave.
- Evans Ave.
- San Pablo Dam Road
- Giant Road (only between Parr and Richmond Parkway
Typical requirements to obtain a Transportation Permit:
City Hall Hours: Monday thru Thurday, 7:30am-6:00pm; open during lunch time.
With the exception of the San Pablo Senior Center, Public Works Maintenance & Operations/Corporation Yard, and Police Patrol Services; Youth & Recreation Services will be open Fridays with limited services.
Typical City bridge crossings:
- San Pablo Ave. (int. Road 20)
- 23rd St. (int. University Ave.)
- Vale Rd. (int. Howard St.)
- Church Ln. (int. Chattleton Ln.)
- Church Ln. (int. El Portal Dr.)
- Rumrill Blvd. (int. Folsom)
- Rumrill Blvd. (int. Brookside Dr.)
- Giant Rd. (int. Road 20)
- Giant Rd. (int. Palmer Ave.)
For questions and submittals:
City of San Pablo City Hall - Building 3
Public Works Department - Engineering Division
13831 San Pablo Ave. | San Pablo CA 94806
Tel: (510) 215-3060 | Fax: (510) 215-3013