|Households and small businesses can no longer dispose of universal toxic wastes into the trash.
Items include household batteries, compact fluorescent tubes, fluorescent bulbs and other mercury-containing lamps, mercury thermostats and the following electronic devices, TVs, computer monitors, CPUs and peripherals, radios and CD players, VCRs and DVD players, cell phones, cordless phones, telephone answering machines and microwaves.
Where: WCC Household Hazardous Waste Facility
101 Pittsburg Avenue
Richmond, CA 94801
When: Thursday to Saturday
9am-4pm (Closed: 12-12:30pm)
|The Facility accepts these items for FREE from residents and for a small fee for small businesses. Limit 5 large electronic items per visit. Call (888) 412-9277 or visit www.recyclemore.com for more information. There is no charge to residents for this service. Small businesses are charged a fee depending on waste.
Free Household Hazarous Waste (HHW) pick-up services are available for residents at least 60 years old and for persons with disabilities that reside in West Contra Costa County. If you qualify, a Mobile HHW Collection Vehicle will visit your home to pick-up your HHW. Call (888) 412-9277 for an appointment and program details.
|New Disposal Locations for Medical Needles/Sharps!
|RecycleMore has added 8 new collection sites for home-generated medical needles/sharps.
Used needles and other sharps are dangerous to people and pets if not disposed of safely. Sharps should never be placed in trash cans or recycling bins, and never flushed down the toilet: this puts workers, family members, and children at risk.
To help keep the community safe, new sharps collection kiosks are located at the following sites:
1) *San Pablo Police Station - 13880 San Pablo Avenue, San Pablo, CA 94806
2) City of Richmond locations:
- Senior Center at 2525 MacDonald Avenue, 94804
- Annex Senior Center at 5801 Huntington Avenue, 94804
- *Police Station at 1701 Regatta Blvd, 94804
- Shields-Reid Community Center – 1410 Kelsey, 94801
3) *West County Wastewater District Office - 2910 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, CA 94806
4) *Pinole Police Station - 880 Tennent Avenue, Pinole, CA 94564
5) Hercules City Hall - 111 Civic Drive, Hercules, CA 94547
* Represents locations where a pharmaceutical collection bin is also located.
For questions, please call 510-215-3064.