“Doing the greatest good for the greatest number of people.”
2014 San Pablo CERT Schedule updated as of Feb. 18, 2014
San Pablo CERT - Training Flyer
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) is a training program that gives individuals the basic disaster response skills to offer vital support to their family, associates and neighborhood while awaiting help from first responders. San Pablo is fortunate to be able to host the CERT training in English and Spanish.
This 20-hour FEMA approved course is offered in a classroom setting followed by hands-on exercises discussing the following topics:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Fire Safety and Utility Control
- Light Search & Rescue
- Team Organization
- Disaster Medical Operations: Triage, Assessment and Basic Treatment
- Disaster Psychology
- Terrorism and CERT
There is no cost to participate but the teaching techniques are geared toward adults so we ask that interested individuals be at least 16 years old. Priority registration will be given to those who live and/or work in the City of San Pablo.
Recommended for those interested in taking CERT
Introduction to CERT IS-317 - An independent study course that serves as an introduction to CERT for those wanting to complete training or as a refresher for current team members. It takes between 6-8 hours to complete. Those successfully finishing it will receive a certification of completion from Citizen Corps.
CERT Brochure: English and Spanish
STAY INVOLVED - CERT Graduates
The CERT basic training involves a 20+ hour commitment to complete but after all the great information and fun exercises, what do I do then? The best way to stay connected is to participate in the advance/refresher training, become an active participant in the CERT neighborhood where you live or work, become a volunteer CERT instructor and/or ask about other volunteer opportunities to support the San Pablo CERT program.
- Advance and refresher training are listed on the annual CERT schedule. The CERT schedule for the upcoming year will typically be released in December. Space is limited so it is recommended to sign up in advance.
- San Pablo CERT Neighborhoods: meeting dates and times are listed on the right hand margin on the top of this webpage. If there is not a CERT Area where you live, be the one to start the team. We will help!
- Are you a CERT graduate that enjoyed the program so much that you'd like to become a CERT instructor? If so, please review our Volunteer Instructor Guidelines to see if being an instructor would be a good fit for you.
- Volunteer opportunities: Interested in helping with the behind the scenes duties that makes CERT the program that it is, assist with recruiting and promoting the program or planning for our annual Holiday Potluck? We can use your help. Contact Andrea Barte to see how you can be involved.
CLASSES BEGIN SOON
Thurs., July 31
San Pablo City Hall
Wed., August 20
from 6pm - 9pm
San Pablo City Hall
Area Meetings (map):
Join your local
San Pablo CERT AREA Meetings
2nd Tuesday of the month
If you are interested,
Disaster Preparedness Coordinator